10 Tips for Getting Your Swimming Pool Ready for Summer
Summer time means long hours of fun time especially in the pool for the entire family. Kids love to splash each other with water and their parents love to stay half submerged in a pool. Maintaining a swimming pool can be a tedious task.
Many often feel that getting the cover off the pool will be enough. However, the main challenge lies when they notice the color of the water. If you have a swimming pool where different people come for a swim, then maintaining it will be a major undertaking.You will require some chemicals in order to get the entire pool ready for enjoyment once again.
Tips To Get Your Pool Ready
There are 10 vital tips that can help you get your swimming pool ready once again for the summer season. These tips are discussed below for your knowledge.
- Seek Help From A Friend: It is true that you can alone open up a swimming pool. However, the job gets much simpler if you seek help from a friend. You can easily save some time in the process and also enjoy each other’s company while working together. It is true that nobody likes to work without an incentive. Thus, a dinner after the job or a one-time access to the pool can act as a good bribe.
- Open Your Pool With Some Time In Hand: Cleaning your pool can be a sweaty business. This gets especially bad during the summer season. The best solution to the problem is to open your pool before the summer season starts. This will prevent you from getting all sweaty and messy while you work on your pool. There are many physical and online stores which provide early buy deals on various pool products. You can take advantages of such offers and also be prepared for summer with your pool in advance. Getting your pool prepared early also gets rid of algae, which tend to thrive in dark and warm places.
- Get Yourself Prepared: It is always a good idea to get yourself prepared before you finally decide to open your pool for the summer. Make a list of things that you may need in order to get your pool ready for a hot and humid summer season. You will not like the idea of having to run to the pool store every now and then at the very last minute to get something you do not have.
- Make Sure Your Filter And Pump Are In Running Condition: Everybody expects their pool water to be crystal clear when they remove the covers before summer time. Unfortunately, this seldom happens. You often find that the pool water is either cloudy, light green or dark green. Make sure that the filter system is in proper running condition and make sure that it runs until the entire pool gets clear. Once this is done, you may run the filter system between 10 hours to 12 hours each day.
- Test the Swimming Pool Water: Make sure you have a test kit or test strips ready beside you once your pool is open. Collect some water from the deeper section of the pool away from the return line in a cup. Use the test strips or test kit to check the chlorine and pH levels. If you wish for a more accurate reading, you may also take a sample of your pool water to the local pool store. They can check for alkalinity, free and total chlorine, chlorine stabilizer, and calcium hardness.
- Always Stick To The One Single Source: As far as pool care is concerned, it is always better to stick to one source. Visiting different pool stores for suggestions may leave you totally confused by the end of the day.
- Pool Shock Is Your Best Buddy: Do you have a chlorine pool at home? Then shock will be the best buddy for you. If you shock your pool, it will help to jack up the chlorine level, which in turn will help to kill all the bacteria and also get rid of dead chlorine in the water. Even if you find a green mess in your pool, the shock will help you a lot in such matters, as well.
- Get Your Winter Cover Cleaned Before Storing It: It is always a good idea to clean your winter cover before you decide to store it away. Lay it right next to your pool and use your car wash soap along with a brush to scrub the entire cover properly. You may also use a winter cover cleaner, which you need not dry before storing the cover.
- Store Your Winter Cover In A Plastic Container: Use a giant plastic container to store away the winter cover of your swimming pool. You will easily get one at one of the local hardware stores in town. If you have a large sized plastic garbage container with a sealable lid, you may also use the same to store the winter cover. Storing the cover this way will keep it from getting destroyed by mice, bugs or any other pest. It will also help the cover to last longer.
- Sit Back And Relax: Once the entire procedure of opening a swimming pool is completed, invite a friend over and enjoy by your pool with some chilled beer. Opening your pool and getting it ready for the summer season is a major task which you have achieved rather smoothly.
When more people use the same pool every day, taking care of the pool water gets more challenging. However, if you have everything ready by your side, the rest of the job will be rather smooth for you. It is true that having a pool in your garden can be a good thing, especially for the kids at home. However, maintaining it can be a real challenge for a single person. If you can get some help in the process, it can be rather helpful for you. For more tips visit http://www.bluelagoonspoolservice.com/.