Callaway 300 – The Laser Golf Rangefinder That Comes Packed With All the Necessary Features
When you have to strike a small ball in such a way that it travels in order to enter a target hole located at a great distance, you need to have proper judgment when it comes to reading the distance to the target. This is one of the factors you need to master when you decide to play golf. Although golf may appear to be a simple sport, in reality, it is not so. There are several types of obstacles that you need to cross in order to reach closest to the next target hole. All of this can be made simple with the use of a proper rangefinder.
Callaway 300 Laser Rangefinder
When you talk about golf, you certainly cannot ignore Callaway. This company has made its name in the world of golf with its wide range of golf clubs, golf balls, and rangefinders. One of the popular models amongst its rangefinders is the Callaway 300.
- The Callaway 300 comes with P.A.T. or Pin Acquisition Technology. This technology helps the rangefinder to lock onto the flagstick or pin from a maximum distance of 300 yards.it also provides superior accuracy of + or – 1 yard.
- This product comes with a 6x magnification which allows you to sight the pin easily and also scan the landscape in order to acquire more than one targets.
- The LCD display is very simple to comprehend and it shows the distance to the next target in either meters or yards. All other readings from various technologies used in this rangefinder are also shown on the display very easily.
- This awesome product from Callaway is both fog and waterproof which allows you to focus on the game instead of worrying about your rangefinder.
- The inclusion of Slope Technology in the Callaway 300 allows the rangefinder to measure the decline or incline of any hole. The slope adjusted distance is also automatically calculated by the rangefinder and displayed on the display. You can easily turn off this feature to make it legal for any golf tournament.
- The Callaway 300 also comes with a BIRDIE feature that lets the device make an audible chirp sound to let you know when the distance acquisition is confirmed.
- The scan feature allows you to get distances to more than one target at the same time.
- The slope feature can easily be disabled to make the rangefinder suitable for use in any USGA tournament.
- It has a range of 5 yards to 1000 yards with an accuracy margin of +/- 1 yard.
- If shaken the device fails to provide a consistent reading.
- Tends to miss targets very frequently.
Just like any other product available in the market, the Callaway 300 also comes with some pros and cons. however, the overall rating of the product is quite high amongst golfers. If you also wish to buy a rangefinder, it is always better to compare a few models and then choose the right one that fulfills your needs and budget.