Emergency Preparedness Generator Buying Guide
It is rightly said that there is no special or specific time to buy a generator. In fact, the right time to buy one is before you even need a generator. Although power failures are not that frequent in these recent times, you never know when you may need to use a generator at home.
Thus, being prepared ahead is always a good idea. Choosing any random generator may not solve your purpose all the time.
You have to carefully compare a few good models and then decide upon the best as per your needs. This takes time and proper research.
Factors to Know Before Buying a Generator
Just like any other machine or equipment, you have to keep certain important factors in mind before buying a generator. Some of these factors are discussed below.
- The Different Types: Generators do not come in one or two types. Although they work in a similar manner, there are various types of generators in the market. 3 of the general types include automatic standby used for home purposes, portable used for outdoor purposes, and inverter generators used for camping trips.
- Total Power You Need: Different situations and different locations require a different amount of power when it comes to using a generator. A portable one normally provides 5000 to 7000 watts, which is sufficient for most purposes. However, it makes sense to decide upon the power needed before buying a new generator.
- Installation and Operation: Some of the generators available in the market come with challenging installation and some are not very user-friendly when it comes to operation. Thus, checking out these factors before finalizing a generator will be a good idea.
Factors That Can Help You Decide
Choosing a suitable generator is not as simple as most of you may think. You have to be rather choosy and also compare different models at the same time.
Here are some factors that can help you decide upon the best generator as per your needs and budget.
- Safety: Most of the modern age generators come with various safety features such as automatic shut-off. This keeps the generator from getting damaged when running on low oil.
- Less Emissions: It is always better to choose a generator that comes with low emissions. This will not just help you breathe in fresh air, it will also ensure that the environment does not get polluted due to unnecessary air pollutions from your generator.
- Run Time: Just like any vehicle, generators also have their own mileage. This means the amount of time a generator will run on a gallon of gas. The higher the time the better it will be for you. This will also mean that you do not have to constantly fill up the machine with gas.
Here are some safety precautions you should know about before operating a generator for the first time in your life.
- Do not make the mistake of running your generator into a household outlet as this may kill someone outside.
- Before you decide to turn on the generator better cut off your entire house from the power grid as this may electrocute any person working on the line outside.
Powered Portable Solar – https://PoweredPortableSolar.com