GolfBuddy LR5S Laser Rangefinder Reviews
Technology has made the lives of millions very simple. Take a golfer as an example. In the good old days, golfers used to depend on their own naked eyes to determine the distance to the next flagstick on a golf course. However, this often resulted in wrong readings. In this modern era, golfers use rangefinders to gauge the distance to flagsticks and obstacles on a golf course. These rangefinders come with several features, which are quite useful for golfers of all categories. Many companies make rangefinders for golfers and these are also priced differently. This is why choosing the right rangefinder is never a simple task. Here we take a look at the GolfBuddy LR5S.
GolfBuddy LR5S Review
There are several manufacturers with their own versions of rangefinders for golfers. One of the popular brands in the market is GolfBuddy. Amongst some of their popular models, one common name that is found everywhere is the GolfBuddy LR5S. It has several features, some of which have been discussed below.
- The GolfBuddy LR5S is one of the most user-friendly and light weight rangefinders in the market. It weighs merely 8 ounces and comes packed with multiple features.
- It provides a 6x magnification, which is adequate enough to sight the next flagstick or obstacle at a distance very clearly. It also comes with a water resistant feature that allows you to use it even when it rains outside.
- The GolfBuddy LR5S comes with 3 simple targeting modes. The Standard Mode provides the distance to the target. The Scan Mode allows the rangefinder to scan for a time span of 10 seconds to find out the distance to multiple obstacles and targets on a golf course. The Pin Mode also scans for 10 seconds and it finally locks onto the nearest target.
- It has a pretty long battery life of 3000 to 5000 actuations.
- The GolfBuddy LR5S has an accuracy level of a yard and it also comes with a Slope feature that lets the device provide slope adjusted distance for different elevations.
- It is extremely user friendly and the body is very compact and it weighs very less.
- It provides a 6x magnification and comes with a slope feature that gives you slope adjusted distance readings.
- Sometimes it may prove to be difficult to get a flag reading or a distance reading to any object.
- Laser takes too long to provide an accurate distance. This may prove to be difficult when you are to play a fast round.
- Sometimes it may be a bit difficult to zoom in on the nearest flag post.
Although the GolfBuddy LR5S is very compact and lightweight, there are certain areas that need special attention. The accuracy of the rangefinder is quite praiseworthy. However, the time taken for the laser to give proper readings may not go well with some high ranked golfers. This is why it is always a good idea to compare a few rangefinders in the market, read a few user reviews and then go on to choose the best as per your needs and budget.