Top 10 Uses of Solar Powered Energy
Most of you must have heard about solar energy. It is basically the power derived directly from the sun with the help of solar panels. This process of getting power is not just useful in helping you save on electricity bills, it is also one of the newest initiatives in the “Go Green” movement that is getting popular all across the world.
Along with hydropower, it is said that solar power is also helpful in saving the natural power resources of the earth such as natural gases, coal, and petroleum to name a few. Solar power is also one of the sustainable and renewable sources of power. One great way to produce and distribute the power created by the sun is a solar generator.
Top 10 Solar Power Uses
Here are 10 of the most common uses of solar power.
- Ventilation: There are various types of vans being used at homes, offices, and factories. The power from the sun can easily be used to run these fans quite efficiently. Fans are generally used to circulate the air in a room in order to get some comfort and to control smell. Using solar power to run fans will bring down your electricity bills significantly.
- Heat Your Swimming Pool: Getting in a swimming pool, just when summer days are about to start, can give you a freezing experience. Nonetheless, spending time in a swimming pool is a great joy for both seniors and juniors. Use a solar blanket and warm the water enough to let you swim properly.
- Heat Water: Instead of using electric water heaters or gas, you can easily use solar power to heat water that you may require at home or in office.
- Heat Your Home: Have you been using a traditional room heater to raise the temperature of your room during cold winter months? This can prove to be quite heavy for your pocket. Use solar power instead for the same purpose and enjoy low power bills.
- Power up Pumps: Do you often use water pumps or motors at home? You probably use electricity to power up the pump. You can easily use solar power to run a DC motor that can easily circulate water throughout your home.
- Charge Batteries: Have you ever thought that solar power can also charge batteries for you? Batteries are used to power ceiling fans, hot water pumps, and sump pumps. Any other type of batteries can also be charged with the help of a charger using solar power.
- Power up Your Home: Instead of using electricity to power up your home, use solar power. Add some solar panels that can collect sunlight and convert it to electricity. Use an inverter to use this electricity at home.
- Cook Food: Solar power can also be used to cook food. Using sunlight to cook is very simple, unlike popular beliefs.
- Indoor Lighting: The invention of LEDs have helped people enjoy optimal lighting without using much power. The electricity bill can be further reduced if you use solar power to light up your house.
- Outdoor Lighting: Just like indoor lighting, you can also use solar power for outdoor lighting.