Denied Long Term Disability? Here Are Some Reasons You May Have Been
The cost of living is rising at a steady rate all across the world. However, the income of the people is not fortunate enough to rise at a similar rate. The end result is people trying various anti-social means to get more money to meet with their daily needs.
There are many of you who feel tensed at the mere thought of the costs involved in the future if you are diagnosed with a serious health issue. The best way to meet with such sudden costs is to invest in a good insurance policy.
However, when it comes to insurance policies, it is always better to stay safe and know everything about the policy you wish to buy to gain the best benefits in the long run.
Some of the Top Reasons for Long Term Disability Denial
There are several tactics used by insurance companies to underpay or even deny long term disability insurance claims by their clients. If you know about these tactics for long term disability denial, it will put you in a better position to avoid such situations completely.
Some of these tactics are discussed below.
- You Happen To Be Erisa Preempted: Since you got your very own disability insurance while at work, it does not matter whether you are fully or partially disabled or the things you are unable to do like before. Add to that the fact that you being destroyed or bankrupted or even rendered homeless due to wrongful denial of your insurance claims makes no difference.
- You May Just Be Partially And Not Totally Disabled: When you talk about totally disabled, it is normally defined in insurance policies as your inability to carry out various important duties pertaining to your own job. At the same time, residual disability is defined as your own inability to carry out some of the important duties pertaining to your job. Although this may sound rather confusing to any layman, the truth is that you will be paid merely 25% of the total claim policy amount.
- Rheumatoid And Fibromyalgia Arthritis Not Withstanding: If it is proven that you have claimed insurance amount stating rheumatoid and fibromyalgia as the primary causes, then you will fail to get the amount under long term disability claims. It may so happen that you are spending time elsewhere in the company of some friends, which can certainly land you in jail.
- Do Not Meet The Definition Of Disability In The Policy: Being totally disabled means being incapable of performing all the important duties in your work life. However, according to different companies, you can certainly report to your duties by the scheduled time every day. Thus, you are not totally disabled and not eligible to get the full insurance claim amount.
- Delegate: Another point that insurance companies or your own company, for whom you work, may use is that you are at a higher position and have several juniors under you who perform difficult tasks while you simply spend the time sitting on an ergonomic chair. Thus, coming to work should not be difficult for you.